- 1. Grumman E-2 Hawkeye. Suggested kit: Fujimi E-2A or C.
Cut the kit canopy
away at the lines shown and replace with the Clear-Vax item, which has been
altered to the correct profile.
- 2. McDonnell F2H Banshee. Suggested kits: Airfix F2H-2, Hobbycraft F2H-3.
Suggested reference: Modelaid No.14.
- 3. Douglas F4D Skyray. Suggested kit: Airfix F4D-1.
Use the drawing provided
as a guide to cut away the rear fairing from the fuselage before replacing
with the Clear-Vax canopy.
Suggested reference: Modelaid No.5.
- 4. Grumman F9F Panther. Suggested kit: Hasegawa F9F-2.
Detail and Scale vol.15.
- 5. Lockheed P2V Neptune. Suggested kit: Hasegawa P2V-7.
Note that the framelines
on the turret canopy are internal.
Suggested reference: Squadron/Signal In Action No.68.
- 6. Grumman S2 Tracker. Suggested kit: Hasegawa or Hobbycraft
- 7. Grumman F7F Tigercat. Suggested kit: Monogram F7F-3.
Suggested reference: Squadron/Signal In Action No.79.
- 8. Douglas A-1J Skyraider. Suggested kit: Airfix A-1J.
Note the lip on the
bottom of the sliding section. Trim away the corresponding area on the kit
fuselage before replacing with the Clear-Vax item.
- 9. Douglas F3D Skyknight. Suggested kit: Matchbox F3D-2.
Cut away the upper rear
section moulded onto the kit fuselage before replacing with the Clear-Vax
- 10. North American A-5 Vigilante. Suggested kit: Hasegawa RA-5C.
If the canopies are
to be displayed open, cut the canopy frames from the kit fuselage. If closed,
simply cut the clear area from the Clear-Vax item.
- 11. A-1E Skyraider. Suggested kit: Monogram A-1E.
Note that the replacement
canopies have been widened for a better fit, and that the rear of the pilot's
canopy is designed to overlap the rear section.
Suggested reference: Squadron/Signal In Action No.60.
- 12. North American T-2 Buckeye. Suggested kit: Matchbox T-2C/E.
Note the angle of the
rear canopy/fuselage joint, which needs trimming on the kit parts for a snug