- 1. Focke-Wulf Fw 190 standard canopy. Suggested kits: Airfix Fw 190A-8 and Fw 190D-9.
Trim the rear fairing
from the kit fuselage in order to fit the Clear-Vax canopy.
- 2. Focke-Wulf Fw 190 "blown" canopy. Suggested kits: Airfix
Fw 190A & D, Frog/Revell Ta 152H.
references: Squadron/Signal In Action No.19; Aerodata No.1; Monogram Close-Ups
8 & 10.
- 3a. Messerschmitt Bf 109B/E. Suggested kits: Heller Bf 109B,
Airfix or Matchbox Bf 109E.
- 3b. Messerschmitt Bf 109E/F. Suggested kits: as above.
Squadron/Signal In Action No.44; Aerodata No.4.
- 4. Junkers Ju 87B Stuka. Suggested kit: Fujimi Ju 87B/R.
Note on the drawing
the position of the internal framelines as shaded, and that the front edge
of the rear section has been lengthened to fit under the rear lip of the pilot's
- 5. Junkers Ju 87D Stuka. Suggested kit: Fujimi Ju 87D/G.
This canopy fits in
a similar fashion to the Ju 87B.Suggested reference: Squadron/Signal
In Action No.73.
- 6. Henschel Hs 129. Suggested kit: Airfix Hs 129B.
Using the drawing as a guide, cut away the shaded area and fit the Clear-Vax
replacement. Note that the upper spine of the fuselage, aft of the canopy,
is moulded too sharp and needs rounding off for better accuracy. The engine
cowlings also need reshaping.Suggested reference: Squadron/Signal Luftwaffe
iIn Action No.4.
- 7. Horten Ho 229. Suggested kit: Pioneer 2 Ho 229.
- 8. Messerschmitt Me 410. Suggested kit: Matchbox Me 410A.
Note the internal horizontal
frameline on the main canopy.Suggested references: Scale Models Feb/Mar
1979; Modelaid No.2.
- 9. Heinkel He 219. Suggested kit: Revell He 219A-5.
- 10. Heinkel He 112. Suggested kit: Heller He 112B.
Note that the sliding
section is designed to overlap the rear piece.
- 11. Focke-Wulf Ta 154. Suggested kit: Pioneer 2 Ta 154A-0.
Some filling will be
necessary to build up the fuselage at the cockpit rear. This is due to the
poor fit of the kit parts.Suggested reference: 'Warplanes of the Third
Reich', William Green (McDonald).
- 12. Messerschmitt Me 163 "Komet". Suggested kit: Heller Me 163.
Scale Models, Aug. 1977.